Monday, June 9, 2008

June Is In the Water

I took my first dip in the sea on Friday, in the unbelievably warm water at Askim beach on the outskirts of Gothenburg. I forgot to bring my camera, so instead of topless pictures of Joel from Faintest Ideas and Jörgen from Fraction Discs, you'll have to make do with this one - taken at the same beach by someone else. Suffice to say, it was a bit more crowded this sweltering weekend!

In Gothenburg to play records at Taramasalata, and I had a great time. Komon did a wonderfully precarious set and lots of friends turned up. Looking over my playlist, I'd definitely say "I Want You Back" was the best moment of the night and the one song that made me wish I was dancing rather than standing behind the record player. Great fun it was too to blast off some Bratmobile and Vivian Girls. And I suspect The Green Telescope hurt some ears! It probably wasn't smart to save all the fast stuff until the last hour, when people were starting to head off... Short they were too - hardly had time to put the next 45 on!

Now I'm going to play some Wave Pictures.

No comments: