Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Light At the End of the Tunnel Is a Train Headed This Way

I finally ordered and received my copy of the Lil' Hospital ep. Not only is it their best release, but the see-through vinyl sounds fantastic! If they hadn't split up, this single could've taken them a long ways along the path The Pains of Being Pure At Heart have already travelled. Name-checking Pains frontman Kip certainly helps, and that over a drum track that will numb your mind! "Kip Is a Dick" is playing on Don't Die On My Doorstep's myspace now. And the magnificent pop of "Nothing Like a Car Crash" could be heard at our last event yesterday (the rest of the playlist is up now too) and as it played it struck me how well the lyrics resonate with my life at the moment. "Don't care who's throwing the party, I don't wanna dance too close, tonight." Kevin's current project is Knight School, whose first album is out as of TOMORROW. Buy and sample "Pregnant Again" at Lostmusic.

I do have some copies left of the fanzine presented in the post below. So that can be had for £2, which is what it'll cost me to post it to you. Paypal to kristerbladh at linuxmail dot org. It's 8 pages long and the contents are: Earthquake Glue; Join Our Club...Or Die; What Happened, Ray?; Band of the Month; The Sound of Yesterday; How to Avoid Losing Small Objects.

EDIT: Has your payment not been claimed? Well, that's because I got the address WRONG! Just cancel it and use the now correct address above. Sorry!

No comments: