Friday, January 9, 2009

I Can Assure You, That Girl Doesn't Come Here Anymore

I've been on the trail of this single for a while. I first heard the brilliant "One False Move" on A Sandwich and a Sweater (which you'll easily find online) and then found a crappy m4a of "Stranglehold" on Beatfortwo, I think. Then I discovered Pete from Horowitz knows someone who was in the band, since they were based in Stoke-On-Trent. As was the label, Kite, whose only release this was - apart from the Kite cassette that I've written about before. I still haven't got hold of a copy, but the Almighty Stephen Pop was kind enough to rip his copy for me. The record which is from 1990 holds three tracks: "I Don't Blame You", "Stranglehold" and "One False Move". The last is by far the best, but here's my second favourite since you probably won't find it anywhere else. Sparse but very effectful backing vocals, jangly guitar, a bit of melody - what more do you need? If you want to know more about the band there's a surprisingly extensive entry lastfm.

CLOUD 85 Honeycrash - Stranglehold

1 comment:

WoollyWhite said...

Well thats just made my day anyway. I was the bassist in Honeycrash and played drums on that recording as well. Pleased some people liked us and maybe even remember us a bit then? Ta ta then and take care.