Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Familiarity Breeds Contempt

Magic Bird is one of my favourite shops over here - a vintage shop opened by Amee (Ruby Suns) not long ago. Starting this week, she's also doing a Magic Movies series of film screenings. Yesterday we got the hilarious musical Xanadu, starring Olivia Newton-John and Gene Kelly amongst others (like the devastingly incompetent Michael Beck in the male lead). I'd forgotten all the best bits since last I saw it, so it was really enjoyable! It's going to be semi-weekly, so lots of more fun to look forward to.

So what did I play at the Tuesday Warner Show today? Let's see...

Dear Nora - The Sign of the Times
Laura Watling - World Falls Into Place (Motorcycle Boy cover)
Tuesday Weld - Are You the Boy?
Sodajerk - Heartcrusher
The Cardigans - Rise & Shine
Spaghetti Vabune! - Pineapple Shirts!
Florian - There Is a Party (When I Spend Time With You)

No comments: