Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Milk Chocolate Coated Caramel Pop

I hope you've all entered the fray for Matador's Lazy Contest For Not So Lazy Fans? The task is to design a cover for the Matador release of Belle & Sebastian's recent BBC Sessions compilation, and the band will then choose one contribution to go on a limited run of the cd next year. Mine was inspired by some Tunnock's caramel wafers Hannah gave me for Christmas (yes, I opened them early!). I've missed them of course, and looking around the net I found this guy's vectorised photographs of Tunnock's products, so I had to make my own! I didn't want to tip Stuart & co off too easily though, so uploaded this to the site.

I'm sure it will at least grant a chuckle when they realise were it's from. I put "Wrapped Up In Wrappers" for 'favourite song' as a hint. I then went ahead to complete the punchline... The 2-pack here is of course the special edition including a bonus cd with a 2001 live recording from Belfast. Click to see 800x800 pics of both.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Genius! I sooooo hope you win. I just pray that Tunnocks would allow this! Excellent :) I just had 2 of the dark chocolate fellers. Hannah is a fool for giving them away!