Monday, April 6, 2009

Female Voice/Tragic Cult Figure

COIR 014 is happening, and it'll be in Auckland! To celebrate Uni's return to New Zealand, Don't Die On My Doorstep are throwing a party at Cross Street Studios (which was the locale of the first gig I saw in Auckland). Uni & Her Ukelele is playing live of course, and she'll be supported by Wildwood Lights! I just went to see them last week. I hadn't really heard them before, but they were every bit as good as Mark had told us. They've only done 5 or 6 gigs so far and are still recording. So you'll just have to take my word for it when I say they reminded me of a Texan Marine Girls or an Auckland Tibi Lubin. Until I got home and realised they sound so much more like Lois.

Now we just have to get these printed, hire a PA and buy some crates of beer. I'll also be playing records of course, and I might enlist the help of some friends.

3 comments:

Chris said...

can't wait!

i'm sure it's no surprise to hear me if you need someone, i'd love to dj.

dr.sks said...

i love the poster!!

alex said...

Great poster! I might start looking at flights to come on over for this....