Monday, September 7, 2009

2 Ou 3 Choses Que Je Sais d'Elle

Roque included a song by Spanish duo Superété when he made me a mix of Spanish-language pop quite a while ago. I was really excited to hear them, as I knew that Sandra from California Snow Story had been in that band before she moved to Glasgow. Unlike Roque's story, I'd seen her but not spoken to her. Of course, I loved her vocals on Close to the Ocean and the Superété track on the mix, "Martina Feliz" was equally great. I asked Roque if there was more music, but as you can read in his post they only recorded two demos. That song is from the second, and best in my opinion. It's from 2004 and below you will find another track from it. It's very lucky that I'm able to present you with this, because Roque had lost the mp3s for a long time and only just found them on a back-up harddrive! California Snow Story aren't really around anymore, as David Skirving lives in Japan since a few years ago. So here's hoping that Sandra and David continue making music, on their own or by correspondence!

No comments: