Sunday, March 22, 2009

Shortcake Shortcut

As Chris pointed out yesterday, it's almost time to make lists of the best albums of the decade! A tough task, maybe my top 15 would looks something like this

The Clientele - The Violet Hour
Camera Obscura - Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi
The Fairways - Is Everything All Right?
Belle & Sebastian - Fold Your Hands Child, You Walk Like a Peasant
The Lucksmiths - Why That Doesn't Surprise Me
Pants Yell! - Songs For Siblings
Language of Flowers - Songs About You
The Pains of Being Pure At Heart - The Pains of Being Pure At Heart
Vivian Girls - Vivian Girls
The Relict - Tomorrow Is Again
Pipas - Golden Square
My Favorite - Love At Absolute Zero
Love Dance - Result
The Saturday People - The Saturday People
Slipslide - The World Can Wait

The mere thought of doing a similar one for the 90s is staggering. A made an attempt, but I've probably forgotten loads:

Belle & Sebastian - If You're Feeling Sinister
Hefner - Breaking God's Heart
Blueboy - Unisex
Brighter - Laurel
The Popguns - Eugenie
The Orchids - Unholy Soul
Brittle Stars - Brittle Stars
The Castaway Stones - Make Love to You
East Village - Drop Out
The Lucksmiths - The Green Bicycle Case
Tiger Trap - Tiger Trap
St. Christoper - Bacharach
The Summer Suns - Calpurnia
The Magnetic Fields - The Wayward Bus
Po! - Not Marked On the Ordnance Map

I've also been working on my Top Ten and have possibly got it down to ten songs now, but they're likely to change quite a bit before June!

1 comment:

L said...

This is a list I can identify with - all my favorites, and a few I don't recognize.