Sunday, June 29, 2008

Make It Last Forever... Or Maybe Just a Lifetime

Last night was crazy - the best thing since playing in Nottinghamn. The new venue was great for Don't Die On My Doorstep and our guest dj turned in a set that could easily rival Brogues'. Ah, half the age but all the good taste... The playlist is up on Myspace along with some photos. There was some great music before we started as well - the owners know their punk/powerpop/garage, which is comforting to know. And Rebecka was more than delighted to spot three Exploding Hearts numbers. I've since fallen in love with them too!

Suitably refreshed we undertook the walk over to So Tough! So Cute! where Lisa from Taramasalata had the dancefloor heaving to Indochine. We somehow managed to get past a bouncer who inconcievably claimed that they weren't letting any more people in! What was he trying to do? Spare Retro from our amenably spent cash? It was about 2.15 am and they were lining up the hits. I danced for 45 minutes straight and Daniel and Lisa's best spins were, respectively: "Rainbow Sky" by Fat Tulips (honestly, I've been singing TODAY THE RAINBOW'S IN THE SKY, WHICH MAKES ME WONDER WHY, I'M IN LOVE WITH YO-O-U, TILL I SAW YOU SMILE MY WAY, AND I THOUGHT THAT I HEARD YOU SAY, YOU FELT THE SAME WAY, YOU FELT THE SAME WAY, YOU FELT THE SAME WAY TOO all day) and "This Boy Can Wait" by The Wedding Present (by request that one... from me of course!). And "You Can Hide Your Love Forever" has never sounded better. And by god I can't remember hearing "Sun Serious" since I played that at Taramasalata some years ago.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As LCD Soundsystem once said: "I'm losing my edge" :) Actually, it would've been nice to have had an edge at some point! Looks like you guys played a ridiculous number of great tunes.

B said...

You're not the only one who always requests The Weddoes, you know...