Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Ghost of a Chance

No there isn't. That The School's first single will be out by Valentine's Day, I mean. It was supposed to, as "Valentine" is the a-side. I can't wait to buy it, after getting a copy of Elefant's Happy New Year 2008! ep. Just to be able to hear The School on record is a revelation. And of course I'm dying to hear what wonders Ian Catt has worked this time. In case you don't know, he was part of Saint Etienne and has produced lots of records, including most of Bobby Wratten's output. I wonder if it is going to be a match for seeing them live? This weekend in Gothenburg they were every bit as cute as i remember from last year's Indietracks. It was good to meet Rob again, especially as it was his last gig as drummer in the band. Instead he's going to concentrate on his own material as The Voluntary Butler Scheme, which is quickly gaining on The School both where my affections are concerned and in POPularity.

I think I might now be the only person in my city with a School t-shirt. And that's enough to keep a boy happy! I don't know about you, but I know what I will be listening to and whom I'll be thinking of come the 14th... Two of them are called Ryan, and then there's Rosie, Steph, Liz, Ceri and Rob. Hugs and kisses all round!

1 comment:

Matt said...

I love love love the school!!